your mercies never fail me

God is so good.

I spent a lot of my time this past day in the library, yet I wasn't able to focus on anything and I was really unproductive. Close to midnight, I started to get pretty frustrated with myself. Why am I such a bad example to the Drexel ministry in that I seem to not even try and be a good student? The more I thought about it, the more discouraged I became and the more I felt like a failure. I ended up calling my parents and asked them to pray for me, which is a pretty huge deal, I think. I know that my parents are always available for me and that they live me, yet it's often difficult for me to call them and talk with them. It's not that I've never done it before, but I guess there's just a certain humility (for lack of a better word?) that comes with it and I'm not always willing to pick up the phone and dial home...but I did tonight and it was overwhelmingly blessing to hear my dad pray for me and my schoolwork.

I also asked for two friends to pray for me and the result was pretty encouraging. In my post a few hours ago, I was definitely struggling. After seeking out and going to my family and friends though, I am definitely so blessed, and so thankful for the ones that God has put in my life. After their prayers and encouragement, I actually remembered an assignment that is due today that I didn't start and had totally forgotten about. It was discouraging, but I was able to focus for the past three hours and get the work done. ptl!

So again, God is so good, and He is so faithful and never fails to show His love for His children. How awesome is His patience for us when we feel discouraged and weary? Thank you thank you!

Labels: , ,

0 COMMENTS
Written on Monday, February 13, 2012 at 12:09 AM by tini