lenty

This Lent, I have decided to give up my money spending on all things that don't include my rent, bills, and groceries. It's really my hope that I learn what it means to save money and to not be financially frivolous. I've already decided that I need storage bins for when I move, but that's it.

I've actually been feeling a little bitter the past couple of days because my parents haven't really been financially supporting me despite my not having a job. Of course they pay my tuition and my rent, which I'm really grateful for, but they've decided to listen to a pastor who advised them to not give me any money, which I think is really unfair. I don't want to sound bratty, but I have school supplies and bills to pay for...and my minimum wage job is definitely not enough to cover all of those expenses, not to mention the fact that I haven't even included groceries and food money into that thought. Last year I worked two jobs and I got by, but at the expense of my church attendance (which only ensued more bitterness towards the church) and I honestly feel like I just cannot win. Not there there's anything to win...but really? It's like all the people around me can just look at me and go, "tsk", instead of just leaving me alone without judgement so I can survive in this ridiculous, financially draining society.

For example, tomorrow (or rather, today), my painting class is going to the Van Gogh exhibit at the art museum. This is a mandatory trip and it is going to cost $20. Which I don't have. I literally only have 5 dollars in my wallet and 10 dollars in my bank account. Also, I have to pay $30 for my senior portraits, which, again, is money I don't have.

Anyway, the point is, maybe I will learn a thing or two about saving during this Lenten season. I don't even think I spend that much money, but apparently I do because I'm always trying to scrounge for money for whatever reason. So maybe by Easter, I'll actually have a pleasant amount of money so I don't have to be so financially stressed out.

Labels: , ,

0 COMMENTS
Written on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM by tini