get behind me

The enemy's attacks are strong.

Out of all my struggles, the one that tires me out the most are feelings of worthlessness. Because I know that I'm not and I know that my Father loves me. I know that there are people around me who love me. I know that I have a family who will support me and lift me up.

Yet I still feel so worn out, you know? It seems weird to say that I'm worn out from loneliness, but that's exactly what it feels like. The lies of the enemy are so strong, and it gets tiring to close off my ears to them. I'll always find time where I'm all by myself with no one around me to make me feel like I matter...and even though I know that the Lord's love is the only love that can fully sustain me, it's so hard to remember. I'm not exactly sure why...is it because I'm scared that it's not actually sufficient for me? Am I scared because it might mean that I'm not loved the way I want to be loved? Or that I might not feel the exact way I want to feel? I honestly don't know but I wish I could just get over it.

Get me behind me, satan. Yes, I am weary, but your lies are still lies and they will never be Truth no matter how many times you repeat yourself. You can punch me all you want but you will never break me because God has molded me to be strong!

Labels: ,

0 COMMENTS
Written on Sunday, February 12, 2012 at 8:05 PM by tini