worth

My worth is found through my Father in Heaven, not through other people.

Why is it so hard to remember that?

For the most part, I don't really care that much what people think of me. It's way easier for me to be open and carefree than to wonder how I should display myself so that others will like me. If someone likes me, then yay, we're friends. If not then...is it really that much of a loss to not be friends with someone I don't already know that well? Maybe that's not the best attitude but it's just how things stand in my mind right now.

But when my friendships all of a sudden seem off, that is totally the worst. Because it makes me wonder if I've done anything wrong, or what changed? Even though I'm not always concerned with what others think of me or how they perceive me, I deeply cherish the friendships that I DO have, and so when something seems not right, I get really concerned and it makes me second-guess myself. I've mentioned before how one of my biggest fears is to be un-blessing to others, and it would break my heart to end up being a non-blessing to my friends - people whom I love most.

Matthew 16:26 says, "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul?"

I can't let my insecurities get the best of me; I can't let the enemy lie to me and constantly tell me that I am broken. Because the truth is, I AM broken, but the truth is also that God sees past my brokenness. He loves me and His strength is made perfect in my weakness, and He's been able to use me in ways that I may never know. So I need to stop worrying and stop being insecure! God loves me and that's all that matters.

Labels: , , ,

0 COMMENTS
Written on Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 8:52 PM by tini