to sleep or not to sleep

The second project for VSCM VI is tea packaging, and the crit is on Monday (technically tomorrow, but it still feels like Saturday...)

It is currently 5 am, Sunday morning, which is like 6 am because of daylight savings. I have decided to leave Nesbitt to go home and get my 5 hours of sleep before church service, and I hope I don't regret it. I've listed out the things I have to do tomorrow, and I know that tomorrow night is going to be a long night. On the plus side, I don't have to go to book design tomorrow, which means I get to sleep right after the critique. I just hope I'm not too ambitious or optimistic about my work ethic or how much work I can get done in 14 hours before crit time. The hours just fly by when you're doing design work! I've pulled all nighters every day this week since last Sunday, except for Friday night, when I took a nap before FNL and didn't wake up until the next morning. It's definitely taken a toll on my mind...I have a hard time thinking of words I want to say or even reading smoothly, and my attention span has definitely gotten a lot shorter.

Anywho, yeah, I hope I can get all my work done tomorrow night. It's not even I hope, it's more like I NEED to, otherwise I am going to fail this project and I will have done all this work for nothing. So yeah, I hope I don't regret passing up opportunity to pull an all-nighter tonight for 5 (a little less because I still have to walk home...) hours of sleep. ...I also really hope these types of trade-offs only exist in college and I will never have to make such dramatic and lame choices in the real world.

Labels: , , , ,

0 COMMENTS
Written on Sunday, November 6, 2011 at 2:00 AM by tini