great is your faithfulness

It's Thursday and I'm sitting at Nesbitt in an attempt to get ahead of my work, but there's a weird feeling in my foot, like I stepped on some glass or something, and so procrastination and distraction prevails.

This week seemed to pass by in a flash. After pulling 8 all nighters last week, I definitely enjoyed my rested nights this week. Monday, though, was a terrible day. Even though I invested so much time, effort, and money in my tea packaging project, the critique went terribly, and I felt so inadequate as a design student. It was really frustrating to have tried so hard and still not have done well - what's the point of doing my best if I'm just going to get a bad grade?

I talked to my mom about it, which was kind of nerve wracking. There's definitely a part of me that's always fighting for my parents approval. Some of it is because of the pressure they put on me, but most of it is because I know that I've never lived up to any type of expectation my parents had for me, and for that I feel like I've failed them as a daughter. Maybe this pressure that I've put on myself to be pleasing to my parents has made it so that I am constantly envision my parents being disappointed in me. But in a surprising turn of events, when I told my mom that I felt like it was stupid to have done so much only to get negative feedback in return, she said, "Well, you shouldn't think about that, because the outcome doesn't matter as long as you've learned something in the process, because you'll be able to use whatever you learned later in life." Although I'm still really disappointed in myself and my project, it was nice to get that kind of advice from my mom, instead of some kind of reprimand.

Yesterday was Campus Wide Worship, which was totally awesome. Cru, Harvest, and DID were there, and all three led their own worship sets. It was really awesome to see so many people worshipping together, in one heart to one God in one room. It was a time of everyone encouraging each other to continue running the good race; it stirred my heart every time someone mentioned our campus, and to see how we are all desperate for our campus to know God. So many times, I am grateful for those who come and get involved in HCF, and it makes me feel like we are being an effective organization for Christ, but yesterday I saw that HCF is totally not alone, and that God has brought together so many different types of people, in different types of ministries, to reach all reach out on Drexel campus. It's awesome to know that as we have our weekly family groups, there is another organization meeting at the same time doing the same thing as us!

It's so awesome to realize that God has made it so that we can worship in so many different ways. Whether it be with a whole band, or a gospel choir without instruments, or with just one guitar, with clapping or without...so many different mediums to stir our hearts to cry out in thanksgiving and praise to our God! He truly listens to our hearts, and I know that His spirit was with us last night. ptl :)

Labels: , , , ,

0 COMMENTS
Written on Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 12:37 PM by tini