7 Things I'm Thankful For This (past) Week

1. Being alive. Even though we should always be thankful for our life, this weekend was one that I was especially thankful to be alive. Friday was coined the "Ultimate Wish Day", because it was 11/11/11, and all year long, people have been excited for it to come to make their ultimate wish. Every year the past 8 or 9 years, I've been making wishes at 11:11 on 11/11, and any other time I happened to look at the clock at 11:11. But this year, I made no wishes, because I already have everything I need in life.

2. Megan's safety and ChaeChae's driving skillz...heh. 30 minutes into walking into my apartment, Megan had an accident and we had to bring her to the ER. She ended up getting two stitches in her thigh area, but her toes got cut pretty badly, and there was nothing that could be done except to wait for them to heal on their own. Thus, this weekend has been full of cab rides and slow walking. But I'm glad that she's okay, because they could've definitely been worse! Health and safety is never something we should take for granted!

3. My phaaaamily! I've never been big on celebrating my birthday because honestly, it's hard for me to see it as a day that's worth celebrating (that sounds emo, but I just mean that it's hard for me to see it as anything other than a normal day). So I was really blessed when HCF, Irene, Rena, and Tavi surprised me at Bossone! It was kind of overwhelming because it's a weird feeling (in a good way) to know that there are people who love you, and that they remember that your favorite cake is "chinatown cake" and your favorite superhero is Anpanman. Thank you guys, so much!

4. The Toast Family!!! On Friday was Big/Little, and I have a new grandlittle! Not only that, but Jenny visited from pittsburgh, and it was really nice seeing her. I'm also happy that this is the one year that I don't look like I don't know how to dress myself in all the pictures, although, for some reason, my eyes are freaking tiny in all the photos...>:O Oh well, yay for family expansion, and welcome to the grandlittle!!!

5. Waking up in time for church. I've been having a really hard time waking up lately (probably because I sleep so late...like right now, ugh) but this week, Megan has helped me wake up! Haha. And so I made it to church, and I was really blessed by today's message.

6. Being single. Maybe this sounds weird, but the reason why I say this is because I've been having to deal with my friends being in relationships, and it makes me so glad that I'm not in one and becoming "that girl". I see everyone around me making stupid decisions, moving too fast, or just being irrational, and it makes me glad that I don't feel the pressure of adhering to the social dating standard. Actually, this makes me sound like I'm making excuses for why I'm single, but really, I'm happy! Yay for being an independent lady!

7. Okonomi-yaki lunch today with my Suit Up! ladies. I wasn't exactly sure what to do for our girls family group hang out, and it was really awesome when Mio excitedly offered to have us over to her place for lunch. I wish that I were a boy so I could date Mio and have her make delicious food for me all the time...but really, her cooking was a huge blessing. At service, p.Young talked about servanthood today, and I think Mio has that type of heart, even though she may not know it yet.

Labels:

0 COMMENTS
Written on Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 11:41 PM by tini