counting my blessings

It's always been an excuse that we (Asians) live in a culture of false humility. That means we always try to be humble, modest, and act as if we are average people, even though in our minds we are secretly proud at how awesome we are.

And by "we", I mean everyone except me. I honestly don't feel like I'm good or awesome at anything, and, reading my last few posts of this week, I feel like there's a lot of self-deprecation going on. I feel easily beat up and discouraged, and so a lot of my posts become long rants full of complaining and whining. No good!

I need to start counting my blessings and affirm myself more often, even if it sometimes seems like the bad outweighs the good. It's like how the news only has bad things because that's what people want to hear, but the good news usually gets overlooked and is under appreciated. On tumblr, Joycelin would often do posts on 7 things she's thankful for, and I think I shall follow suit.

Labels: ,

0 COMMENTS
Written on Friday, November 4, 2011 at 5:13 AM by tini