daughter of the King!

Retreat this past weekend was so good and so refreshing. I keep checking the gcc website to see if they've posted up the sermons so I can listen to them again!

I wouldn't say I got a spiritual high, but I was definitely slapped in the face with a lot great teaching. Something I struggle with constantly is guilt and shame over my past. There are so many decisions I've made that are so full of regret, and sometimes I can feel the stains burdening over my heart. I struggle a lot with feeling like God is constantly disappointed in me, and it hinders me from growing my relationship with Him. It hinders me from praying or reading the Bible because I feel too ashamed to face God with all this sinful baggage...but it shouldn't be like that at all!

Jesus reversed the effects of sin.
He has clothed me in his righteousness.

My hope is that I will always remember that no one is perfect. Even the great characters of the Bible, such as Noah, Abraham, and King David, they were all imperfect! They were sinners, and they were part of Jesus' bloodline! If God called sinners, by His grace, to be His forefathers, should we be surprised that He would call sinners to be His descendants?

I am a sinner. I have nothing to be ashamed of, because I know that Jesus has washed me clean, and really, it's the times that I am at my weakest that I need Jesus the most. It doesn't make sense for me to be held back from worshipping God with all that I have because I've made some mistakes; in fact, that's exactly the reason why I only need to praise Him more! And why wouldn't I? The King cares about me so much that He manifested himself into human form to save me from my imperfections.

There's so much to say and process, so I'll have to continue another time. But I just wanted to remind myself of how refreshing retreat was, despite being kind of hesitant to go at first. Hallelujah!

Labels: , , ,

0 COMMENTS
Written on Monday, February 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM by tini